USA Linux Users Group Forum Index

RTCW: Enemy Territory Full Version Released !!!!!!!!! FREE!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USA Linux Users Group Forum Index » All other software.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crouse
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2024 8:52 pm    Post subject: RTCW: Enemy Territory Full Version Released !!!!!!!!! FREE!! Reply with quote

http://www.fileplanet.com/files/120000/124801.shtml

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/05/29/121243&mode=thread&tid=127&tid=186&tid=206

http://zerowing.idsoftware.com/BT.html <<bittorrent

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Scott_Tiger

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2024 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone played it yet? How many maps are there and are they any good? Once I get it d/l'ed I'd be interested in getting a server up and playing around with it.

jester

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2024 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just got it and it's different to the demo that was out earlier

not really played around so much - I'm not a gamer - it looks nice, but then I can't stay alive more than 20 seconds Embarassed

the servers here (I guess here coz pings are 28 or so) are full but it is early afternoon on a Saturday

the bittorrent was good for me - came in at around 10 mins

thanks for the tip crouse, and tiger if you set up a server, I'd be more interested in getting annihilated by people I'm familiar with Very Happy

Scott_Tiger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2024 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'll have to get a server up so we can all play. Hopefully I can find some time soon.

Jadison

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2024 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D/L'ed this game a couple days ago, and I have to say it rocks (I personally like it more than plain ol RTCW). There are 6 maps I believe: 3 in Europe and 3 in North Africa. Doc-Hopper setup a dedicated server for RTCW, it's based in Houston, Texas so if anyone wants to schedule a good time to play just let me or him know.

Personally, I like being the engineer on the Allied side. I'm quit to go in and construct whatever needs to be built (in one map, a bridge needs to be built then fortified), plant dynamite, defuse landmines, and complete other objectives. To me, playing as a soldier and just shooting the enemy is boring, there's got to be more than that for me to keep me playing (you can thank Counterstrike for that).

I have most of the graphics settings maxxed out and get decent framerate, frankly I'm surprised as I have a cheesy 32MB GeForce2 MX400 Shocked The sound quality and theme music fits well, although several of the sound effects were adopted from Half-Life/CS. Overall, I enjoy the game...again LMK me or Doc know if anyone wants to set something up. Smile

cunokyle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2024 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had high speed internet access! This is really a sweet looking game and i wish I could play it. Sad

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CrashTestDummy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2024 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RTCW ET is a great game.

Ive all but given up my BlackHawk Down and now can play RTCW ET on Linux.

I just wish there was a Roger Wilco client for Linux.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USA Linux Users Group Forum Index » All other software. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: