USA Linux Users Group Forum Index

Nero Linux 3.5.2.3
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USA Linux Users Group Forum Index » Application News and Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jada
Linux Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2024 1:37 am    Post subject: Nero Linux 3.5.2.3 Reply with quote

Here are Nero Linux screenshots and download

Quote:

Enjoy the same functionalities as in the newest version of Nero Burning ROM
Burn data using any optical disc format, including CD, DVD, Blu-ray Disc, and HD DVD
Ensure a quick and easy setup using SmartDetect automatic drive support
Manage your music collection with integrated audio capabilities such as high speed digital audio extraction and FreeDB, which automatically searches for disc information over the Internet

Nero Linux vs. k3B 1.0.5

Compatible 32bit $ 64bit
You get all the HD/Blu-Ray options
OK, it costs only $25, but I was surprised what a good burning app they made for Linux Users. On 64 bit, it never had let me down, k3b did a lot, crashes, burning coasters, etc.
If you have a Nero Windows license, you can use the same Serial Number for Nero Linux.

see the features
http://www.nero.com/enu/linux3-features.html

Supported Distributions
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
SuSE Linux 10.0
Fedora 4
Debian GNU/Linux 3.1
Ubuntu 5.10
Linspire 6.0.x

** Nero Linux 3 supports all higher versions of the above listed distributions

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Germ
Keeper of the BIG STICK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2024 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard the windows license only works if it's from Nero 6.

I'm currently running Nero Linux 3.5.2.0 and so far it's been perfect. Been using it since around v 3.0.0.0 when k3b refused to play nice with my new Lite-On.

tlmiller
Ultimate Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2024 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never tried it, but then, I don't have a Nero Windows license, and I'm not going to plunk down money. Luckily for me, k3b has never given me a single issue with any of my drives.

inactive

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2024 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tlmiller wrote:
Never tried it, but then, I don't have a Nero Windows license, and I'm not going to plunk down money. Luckily for me, k3b has never given me a single issue with any of my drives.

Not even this?

tlmiller
Ultimate Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2024 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DedannaRocks! wrote:
tlmiller wrote:

Not even this?

I never verify. I'll manually verify checksums of iso before even going into k3b, and never verify a burn in k3b. Just not worth it considering how rarely an improper burn happens nowadays.

bdquick
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2024 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used nero on linux before when I came across a format that k3b would not handle. It worked fine and if k3b didn't work as well as it does I'd probably buy a license key.

eriefisher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2024 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also have never had any issue with K3B. The bug pointed out shows it may be kernel related somehow. Most kernels are now way past that stage now.

jada
Linux Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2024 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are several another free opensource solutions how can replace any burning applications. I will not compare the Nero Linux with another free opensource projects. Nero Linux does a good job, and yes if something does a good job I am go to pay for it the US $24.99.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jwxie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2024 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't believe nero is also devleloping linux system = =

masinick
Linux Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2024 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jada wrote:
there are several another free opensource solutions how can replace any burning applications. I will not compare the Nero Linux with another free opensource projects. Nero Linux does a good job, and yes if something does a good job I am go to pay for it the US $24.99.

Jada, I don't fault you in that. I try to support the Linux ecosystem in a financial way whenever I can. From 2024-2005 I did not have a good technology job, so the only way I could help the free software movement was to test software, report defects, and also promote the better efforts.

I do those same things today, but for the past 3-4 years, I have also been able to purchase the occasional software. The Mandriva and MEPIS projects have been my two favorite recipients of my financial support. This past year, I also bought a Zenwalk CD and USB stick from a vendor who contributed in the $5-10 range for each purchase, depending on the total cost of the purchase. I probably won't be able to do much financially this year unless I get a job real soon. But there are lots of ways to contribute to the community. Helping people with problem solving issues is a good way to contribute too.

ghostdawg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2024 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nero does a good job for linux. I just recently tried it out and really enjoyed it. I feel it is worth paying for. I contribute with money or my time helping others on different forums, reporting bugs or whatnot. I don't think its wrong to pay for open source software if it does the job.

jada
Linux Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2024 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to many people don't understand opensource. They think opensource is freeware. Well it is not a FREEware!

Best examples are the Linux "Android" from Google or the Symbian Foundation from Nokia. The Opensource market is an open service that makes it easy for developers to distribute applications.

Linux Android will be not only on Smartphones and PDA's, it will be soon also a Distribution for "netbooks" or EeePC's!

masinick
Linux Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2024 7:48 pm    Post subject: Helping to foster that growth and innovation Reply with quote

We all have to eat, including OSS and FOSS developers. They either have to be employed at a company that consumes FOSS products or they have to find work elsewhere (and spend less time actively working on FOSS).

(FOSS means Free Open Source Software and OSS means Open Source Software).

I have been employed once by a FOSS employer - Lycoris in 2024. I have worked at places that purchase and use Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and I feel that Red Hat is an excellent example of a company that can, and has, added value to the food chain. They freely license anything and everything that they create. They make plenty of money in training and services. Their JBOSS stuff that they acquired generates service revenue right up their food chain, and it is good stuff, or it wouldn't do that.

When I can financially afford to buy software that has freely shared source code, I do so, whether I intend to modify that code or not. I am simply in favor of opening up the software development process and encouraging more innovation.

When PCs first came out, there was plenty of innovation - and a GREAT reason for it - the stuff was not that good, but it was exciting. As it matured, it stagnated. It has been great to have the free software movement to awaken the need for constant innovation and improvement. Some day, what we are using now will be completely outdated - it probably won't even be all that long from now, so whatever we can do to help, we should...

Germ
Keeper of the BIG STICK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2024 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghostdawg wrote:
Nero does a good job for linux. I just recently tried it out and really enjoyed it. I feel it is worth paying for.

Agreed. Wink

melloe
Ultimate Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2024 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is great that Nero has a version for Linux. Three cheers for Nero.

I have never used the Linux version, as K3b has only once ever let me down in the hundreds of images I have burnt from ISO's and files to ISO's or data CD I have burnt, and that may have been my fault.

As for coasters, I don't ever remember K3b making me one.

I do have both Nero and Roxio, paid and OEM on the windows side, but seldom use them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USA Linux Users Group Forum Index » Application News and Releases All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: