USA Linux Users Group Forum Index

Test Release Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USA Linux Users Group Forum Index » Distributions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masinick
Linux Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2024 1:04 am    Post subject: Mandriva Cooker cookin' up some 2024.1 goodness! Reply with quote

melloe wrote:
Mandriva Test got 561 packages this AM with KDE 4.4.3.1 and a new 2.6.33 kernel !!!

Looking good, working good. after restarting a couple times.....the later ones its doing not mine <G><

I upgraded my Cooker this evening. I had to remove a bunch of KDE, xscreensaver, and XFCE packages, then install the latest in order to get it to work completely correctly, but once I did that, it all worked. It was probably on the order of 600-700 packages total, of which over 400 of them were the latest KDE 4.4.3-1 packages, which I am presuming will be in the final Mandriva 2024 Spring release, a.k.a. Mandriva 2024.1. Looking good, as it has all along. One of the best themed distributions around, and that remains the case as the Cooker keeps cooking! Smile

melloe
Ultimate Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2024 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am here with it now. Only 9 packages tonight.
Still a humdinger.

melloe
Ultimate Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2024 3:50 am    Post subject: Parsix GNU/Linux 3.5 Test 3 Reply with quote

NEW • Development Release: Parsix GNU/Linux 3.5 Test 3
Parsix GNU/Linux Alan Baghumian has announced the availability of the third test release of Parsix GNU/Linux 3.5, a desktop distribution and live CD based on Debian's testing branch: "The third and final set of Parsix GNU/Linux 3.5 'Frankie' testing ISO images are out. In this release efforts were centralized on fixing reported problems by the community and also finalizing needed updates and changes through the stable release. Repositories are synchronized with Debian testing repositories as of April 7, 2024. Continent repository is frozen and no more updates will be imported from Debian. ISO images will not fit on CD and a DVD is required to burn them. Frankie ISO images are compiled using Squashfs 4.0 with LZMA compression and for the first time GRUB 2 is used as default Live-DVD boot loader." Read the complete release announcement for additional details. http://www.parsix.org/html/Article122.html

Download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/xfardic/files/Parsix-Mirror/
Or at www.distrowatch.com
parsix_3.5-test-3-i386.iso (839MB, MD5), parsix_3.5-test-3-amd64.is

melloe
Ultimate Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2024 11:42 am    Post subject: OpenXange 2024.06 - Alpha Reply with quote

The Xange team are proud to anounce the release of Open Xange 2024.06 - Alpha:
the very best of OSS - Open Source Software. http://distrowatch.com/table.html?distribution=xange

http://xange.serdigital.com/?q=node/19

melloe
Ultimate Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2024 5:02 pm    Post subject: Salix OS 13.1 Beta 1 Reply with quote

Development Release: Salix OS 13.1 Beta 1
Salix OS George Vlahavas has announced that the first beta release of Salix OS 13.1, an Slackware-based distribution optimised for desktop use, is now ready for testing: "Here is Salix 13.1 beta 1, coming shortly after the announcement of Slackware 13.1 beta 1. It's available in both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures and it's another step towards the final release of Salix 13.1. Most bugs should be fixed by now and the result should be really close to what the final release is going to be. Changes since 13.1 alpha 1: Simple Scan replaces XSane; Evince replaces ePDFView; cryptsetup and mdadm have been added, making it easier to setup LVM; installer does not auto-reboot after completion, but prompts the user to select between rebooting, or exiting the installation to the command line; upgraded Linux kernel to version 2.6.33.3; fixed the locale setup window during installation...." See the full release announcement for more details. http://www.salixos.org/forum/viewtopic.html?f=17&t=813

Download http://sourceforge.net/projects/salix/files/
(MD5): salix-13.1beta1.iso (573MB), salix64-13.1beta1.iso (558MB).

melloe
Ultimate Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2024 1:07 am    Post subject: Kongoni GNU/Linux 1.12.3 Alpha Reply with quote

NEW • Development Release: Kongoni GNU/Linux 1.12.3 Alpha
Kongoni GNU/Linux Robert Gabriel has announced the availability of the first alpha release of Kongoni GNU/Linux 1.12.3, a Slackware-based distribution and live CD with KDE 4, a graphical system installer and custom package management: "After several months of work, Kongoni 1.12.3, code name Cicero, is here. At the moment it is still in alpha stage, as there wasn't any proper testing done to this new release, but with your help, I hope in a couple of months this new release will enter into the stable stage. This release was fully synchronized with Slackware 'current', which is actually Slackware 13.1-beta. All the package are updated to the latest possible version, there is a new system installer, called Kongoni System Installer (KSI), new kernel, 2.6.32.12, Squashfs 4 with LZMA support, Aufs 2, default kernel scheduler moved to BFS scheduler for a faster desktop, custom Linux-Live scripts to support Squashfs 4...." The release announcement http://www.kongoni.co.za//2010/05/14/kongoni-1-12-3-code-name-cicero-is-here/ has all the details and a number of screenshots.

Download: http://download.kongoni.co.za/
kongoni-1.12.3-alpha-i486.iso (634MB, MD5).

melloe
Ultimate Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2024 12:44 am    Post subject: Slackware Linux 13.1 RC1 Reply with quote

Development Release: Slackware Linux 13.1 RC1
Slackware Linux Following a large number of updates, the Slackware "current" tree has now become release candidate 1 (RC1) for the upcoming Slackware Linux 13.1: "We will call this update Slackware 13.1 RC1. With this, the kernel, compiler, and glibc versions are 'golden', and everything is pretty much ready to release. Last call for bug reports..." Some of the recent updates include Linux kernel 2.6.33.4, GCC 4.4.4, CUPS 1.4.3, Emacs 23.2 and GNU Diffutils 3.0. Several security and bug fixes have also been added: "Fixed Apple USB keyboard support. Added missing BCM57* firmware. Scan /dev/sr0 first when looking for CD/DVD, not the old IDE device." For a detailed list of all changes please see the full changelog. http://www.slackware.com/changelog/current.html?cpu=i386

Unofficial installation DVD images of Slackware "current" (built on 11 May) are available for download from here: ftp://ftp.slackware.no/linux/slackware/slackware-current-iso/
At www,distrowatch.com
slackware-current-11_May_2010-DVD.iso (1,906MB, MD5), slackware64-current-11_May_2010-DVD.iso (1,840MB, MD5).

melloe
Ultimate Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2024 12:55 am    Post subject: Zorin OS 3.0 RC Reply with quote

Development Release: Zorin OS 3.0 RC
Zorin OS Artyom Zorin has announced the availability of the release candidate for Zorin OS 3.0, an Ubuntu-based distribution designed specifically for Linux beginners: "Welcome to Zorin OS 3. What's new? Zorin OS look changer; installer slideshow; new themes (Shine Mac and Shine Dark) and better-looking splash screen; integrated social networking solutions; Rhythmbox music player updates (iPod and iPhone compatibility and Ubuntu One music store integration); OpenShot movie editor replaces Kino; VLC media player with better multimedia playback compatibility; open-source nouveau graphics card driver with accelerated 2D graphics performance; better wireless card support; performance improvements." Read the detailed release notes http://zorin-os.webs.com/zorinos3releasenotes.htm for a complete list of new features as well as known issues. This release candidate is available in a 32-bit edition only;

download from here: http://zorin-os.webs.com/download.htm
zorin-os-3-core-32-rc.iso (1,060MB).

melloe
Ultimate Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2024 10:27 pm    Post subject: Slackware Linux 13.1 RC2 Reply with quote

Development Release: Slackware Linux 13.1 RC2
Slackware Linux The Slackware Linux development tree is moving rapidly towards the next stable release - it has now reached release candidate 2 status: "Slackware 13.1 RC2. Expect a stable release when it's ready." Among several recent updates there are a security update to Pidgin and a bug-fix update to CUPS: "Upgraded to Pidgin 2.7.0 and Pidgin Encryption 3.1. The msn_emoticon_msg function in slp.c in the MSN protocol plugin in libpurple in Pidgin before 2.7.0 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) via a custom emoticon in a malformed SLP message. ... Merged Till Kamppeter's patch to restore the ability to use usblp with the USB backend (in addition to the libusb method). This package will remove any cups.blacklist.usblp.conf from a previous installation." See the full release announcement http://www.slackware.com/changelog/current.html?cpu=i386
for a full list of changes since RC1. Unofficial installation DVD images of the Slackware "Current" tree, built on 18 May, are available from here: ftp://ftp.slackware.no/linux/slackware/slackware-current-iso/
slackware-current-18_May_2010-DVD.iso (1,905MB, MD5), slackware64-current-18_May_2010-DVD.iso (1,852MB, MD5).

melloe
Ultimate Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2024 9:44 am    Post subject: Trisquel GNU/Linux 4.0 Beta Reply with quote

2010-05-20 Development Release: Trisquel GNU/Linux 4.0 Beta
Trisquel GNU/Linux Rubén Rodríguez has announced the availability of the beta release of Trisquel GNU/Linux 4.0, an Ubuntu-based distribution modified to comply with the Free Software Foundation's definition of "free software": "This is the first development release of the 4.0 branch, based on Ubuntu 10.04. As it is a LTS release we are starting our development cycle earlier, in order have the final version ready for the 2nd quarter. By now, the desktop live CD and the 'netinstall' images are available, as well as the first Trisquel mini image. They are all available in 32-bit and 64-bit flavours. They all have the 3.5 artwork. The 4.0 branch will also feature the 'Edu' and 'Pro' editions, a server oriented environment, the Sugar TOAST system, and a 'Gamer' edition. You can help us by testing the beta images and reporting any bugs." Here is the full release announcement. http://listas.trisquel.info/pipermail/trisquel-announce/2010-May/000000.html

Download: http://devel.trisquel.info/taranis/
trisquel_4.0-BETA_i686.iso (674MB, MD5), trisquel_4.0-BETA_amd64.iso (688MB, MD5).

melloe
Ultimate Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2024 4:53 am    Post subject: Mandriva Linux 2024.1 RC Reply with quote

Development Release: Mandriva Linux 2024.1 RC
Mandriva Linux Mandriva has announced the availability of the release candidate for Mandriva Linux 2024.1, the last test build before the final release scheduled to arrive early next month: "Here comes the last development release of Mandriva Linux 2024.1. A few days left now before final release planned for 3rd of June. These ISOs are available on all public mirrors: 32-bit and 64-bit DVD images and mini dual images (both 32-bit and 64-bit) for 'Free' release (100% open-source software); live 'One' images for KDE and GNOME environments. These images can be fully tested on your hardware but also on virtual machines (VirtualBox, QEMU, KVM). You can also dump them on USB keys as an installation media." Read the release announcement http://blog.mandriva.com/2010/05/20/mandriva-linux-2010-spring-rc-isos-are-available/
and release notes http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/2010.1_RC for more information.

Download the installable live CD images (i586 only) or the installation DVD images: http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/2010.1_RC#Availability
mandriva-one-2010-spring-rc-KDE4-europe1-americas-i586.iso (683MB, MD5), mandriva-one-2010-spring-rc-GNOME-europe-americas-i586.iso (689MB, MD5), mandriva-free-2010-spring-i586.iso (4,188MB, MD5), mandriva-free-2010-spring-x86_64.iso (4,185MB, MD5

melloe
Ultimate Member

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2024 5:12 am    Post subject: Pardus Linux 2024.2 Beta Reply with quote

Development Release: Pardus Linux 2024.2 Beta
Pardus Linux Onur Küçük has announced the availability of the beta release of Pardus Linux: 2024.2, a desktop-oriented Linux distribution featuring custom package management and several useful utilities developed in-house: "The first testing release of Pardus 2024.2 is ready. Pardus 2024.2 beta comes with the latest stable KDE release, enhanced hardware support and bigger software archive: KDE 4.4.3, Linux kernel 2.6.31.13,OpenOffice.org 3.2.1.1, Mozilla Firefox 3.6.3, GIMP 2.6.8, X.Org Server 1.6.5 and Python 2.6.5. With this release, Pardus International ISO image has grown in size and won't fit on a CD any more. With the addition of Turkish language and many packages, almost 1 GB image can be used by burning a DVD or by putting it on a USB stick. We remind you that this is the first testing release for Pardus 2024.2. As this release is within the fast development cycle, there will be lots of package updates towards the stable release." Read the full release announcement http://liste.pardus.org.tr/pardus-announce/2010-May/000078.html for further details and download links

Or download at www.distrowatch.com
Pardus-2009.2-Beta.iso (696MB, MD5). A live CD image is also available: Pardus-Calisan-2009.2-Beta.iso (696MB, MD5).

masinick
Linux Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2024 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am upgrading my antiX BASE tonight, and I added KDE to this base. I am happy to report that the Debian Sid copy of KDE 4.4 has been approved to move into Testing, which is REALLY GOOD NEWS. That means that we will have KDE 4.4 in Debian Squeeze! The update, as of this time, is KDE 4.4.3.

masinick
Linux Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2024 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: Pardus Linux 2024.2 Beta Reply with quote

melloe wrote:
Development Release: Pardus Linux 2024.2 Beta
Pardus Linux Onur Küçük has announced the availability of the beta release of Pardus Linux: 2024.2, a desktop-oriented Linux distribution featuring custom package management and several useful utilities developed in-house: "The first testing release of Pardus 2024.2 is ready. Pardus 2024.2 beta comes with the latest stable KDE release, enhanced hardware support and bigger software archive: KDE 4.4.3, Linux kernel 2.6.31.13,OpenOffice.org 3.2.1.1, Mozilla Firefox 3.6.3, GIMP 2.6.8, X.Org Server 1.6.5 and Python 2.6.5. With this release, Pardus International ISO image has grown in size and won't fit on a CD any more. With the addition of Turkish language and many packages, almost 1 GB image can be used by burning a DVD or by putting it on a USB stick. We remind you that this is the first testing release for Pardus 2024.2. As this release is within the fast development cycle, there will be lots of package updates towards the stable release." Read the full release announcement http://liste.pardus.org.tr/pardus-announce/2010-May/000078.html for further details and download links

Or download at www.distrowatch.com
Pardus-2009.2-Beta.iso (696MB, MD5). A live CD image is also available: Pardus-Calisan-2009.2-Beta.iso (696MB, MD5).

I wonder if DistroWatch got the release number wrong. This software looks current, but why 2024.2? Why not 2024.2? Hmm, I checked the Pardus site and they DO say 2024.2, but why?

melloe
Ultimate Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2024 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know the reason for the date thing
Finally figured out how to get CFhakra to load on an INTEL 630i WOO WOO
Chakra A5. Looks good, works good. Had to put in a wireless Linksys to get drivers for the new RTealtek 811. Reminds me of looking for the modem drivers for 98 and it tells you to go on line to get it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USA Linux Users Group Forum Index » Distributions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

Jump to: