USA Linux Users Group Forum Index

Linux education online
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USA Linux Users Group Forum Index » Linux Education and Certification
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mmmna
. . . . . . .

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2024 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted: December 10 2024
Homepage: http://www.infocom.cqu.edu.au/Courses/2003/T3/

On this page you have a special situation, please read carefully.

The Central Queensland University Faculty of Informatics and Communication offers their University materials online. You are free to download and review the materials, AFAIK, but excercise some common sense: no degrees come to you when you use their course outlines. Unless you are electing to enroll in their curriculum.

Looking on that page for COIT13146, you will find a course outline Linux as its focus.

Aside from that, I feel this site is very beneficial for all of our members to review, if not for Linux, then possibly for any of a hoard of other courses: Databases, Aviation, Contemporary Photomedia. etc.

mmmna
. . . . . . .

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2024 8:39 pm    Post subject: Mysql foundation Reply with quote

O'reillys' OnLamp PHP DevCenter is offering a foundation level class in mysql, called "MySQL Crash Course"
O'Reilly wrote:
Welcome to another issue of PHP Foundations. Last time, I wrapped up a discussion of an ongoing topic of security and good practices I've dubbed "PHP Paranoia." Today I will be changing gears yet again and discuss a cornerstone of any sizable web application ? a database back end. Specifically, I will be spending the next few columns discussing the MySQL database, starting with today's article, which will serve as a crash course in SQL. For those of you who are familiar with relational databases such as MySQL, today's column may not be necessary for you; it contains no PHP code. Instead, I will introduce the concepts of relational databases and the language used to manipulate the data within them. Those of who haven't been exposed to relational databases, however, read on!

The main theme of the PHP DevCenter is to educate people regarding PHP, so readers should excpect this class to eventually refer to mysql interfacing with php. But from the above, you can certainly gain something from the class.

geeshock

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2024 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suprising enough, most of my learning has been online and some books. Especialy those of the O Reilly series. But mostly from various sites, google searches. LUG's such as this one. Things change so fast by the time it's put into text it's usualy already obsolete. Smile

mmmna
. . . . . . .

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2024 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a new one, and I like it a lot: Flash based training.

I ran into this over at Easy Linux CDs.

Here are what I've found so far, and evidently, all are from Mandrake:
K3B training movie
Internet Connection Sharing movie and
Installing a new hard drive training movie.

Easy Linux CDs is offering over 6 hours of Flash movie based Linux training.

mmmna
. . . . . . .

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2024 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Hat is offering some screening tests for free, intended to help you decide where to get more education.
Quote:
At a glance: FREE RED HAT TRAINING PRE-ASSESSMENT TESTS

With Red Hat's fully-automated pre-assessment questionnaires, you can pinpoint the Red Hat course that's right for you. Completely free. No obligations. In less than 10 minutes. Results can even be forwarded to your boss or colleagues.

Test your skills now.

URL for tests.
Note: you must be a member and must log in before you can review the free assessment questionnaires.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USA Linux Users Group Forum Index » Linux Education and Certification All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: