USA Linux Users Group Forum Index

My proposal for a spam free life

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USA Linux Users Group Forum Index » Web Browsers & Email Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
munky
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2024 4:12 pm    Post subject: My proposal for a spam free life Reply with quote

This is the forum I originaly discussed the topic. http://usalug.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.html?t=788

Continuing on, I will briefly describe the implementation proccess. It is pathetic for me to count on my idea being used as a new protocol. I propose making it not a email client nor server.

As of now, I can think that with the method I will describe all of the properties and attributes will be included into the header and encrypted.
Imagine if you will that user 'Bob' just sent user 'Jon' an email. Jon's email goes to the server 'mail.jon.com'. When Jon desires to check his email, he will execute the program. The program will have already been configured with the connection details to receive the email from 'mail.jon.com'. Jon receives the email from Bob. The email is transferred into a local mailbox that is created by the program. At that point, the application opens up whatever mail client Jon had selected. The mail client is set to retrieve the mail from the local mailbox.

Now that I have defined how it generally works, I will continue with the specifics. The program will run multiple tests on incoming emails. Depending on user configurations, the user will receive filtered email. In the previous post, I discussed various ways of filtering, the best are:
-Categorizing emails
-The words/sec check

Here is a detailed description of both:
-Categorizing emails: When Bob sends the email, he will select a email type ie. letter. That letter will have minimum and maximum qualifications. Meaning, it must have a greeting and closing. There should not be a mass amount of links or images. Lastly there should be only a few recepients. All of this info will be inclosed in the header of the email and encrypted. Jon will receive it and if his client settings allow, will accept and decrypt the email. Jon will have the ability to reject certain categories like 'spam', 'chain letters' etc.
-The words/sec check: This is an idea I really find to be new and unheard of. It works as follows: a user receives email x. Email x has 10,000 words. Jon deletes x after viewing the email for 3 seconds. This is proof that it is not desired by the user. If allowed by the users configurations, that email and user are added to a database as spam. If enough people classify it as spam, it will be flaged and categorized as 'spam by deletion'.

More or less, I have only thought about the properties and objectives. I'm not sure what would be the best language to do this in, and the best way to go about it. I would appreciate input and feel free to criticize.

-=mUnky=-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USA Linux Users Group Forum Index » Web Browsers & Email Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: