USA Linux Users Group Forum Index

Streamripper and Mandriva 2024 not working together

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USA Linux Users Group Forum Index » Audio and Video Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2024 4:59 pm    Post subject: Streamripper and Mandriva 2024 not working together Reply with quote

I installed XMMS-Streamtuner- and Streamripper so that I could keep making cds of my choosing to play in the car but the Streamripper is not working at all. I have uninstalled and re-installed it a couple of times but with no joy. I can bring it up when I click on record, but I only get a blank window with no ripping going on. If I click any where in the Streamripper window it just dissapears altogether. I have been using it in other linux distros including Mandriva 2024 and had no problems at all. Is this something new in 2024 or is there something I've forgotten to do? Thanks in advance.
Taz

coastie
Ultimate Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2024 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try running streamripper from the command line. or open a shell and just type in streamripper.

then post what it says, the only thing that i can guess is that it isn't installed, or not running properly. i just use streamripper from the shell. i get the ip using xmms and then do

Code:
streamripper url

Live disk: Slax
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Taz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2024 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey coastie, Thanks for the reply. I started it in a terminal window and at the moment it appears to be ripping the stream ok. I set it for 30 mins and see what it does. Any idea why it won't work from the normal window mode when I just click on the record button in streamtuner. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it about 4 times with the same results. Is it possible the mirrors just have a bad copy of the file when I am using rpmdrake to install it? I'll post again when it finishes ripping and let you know how it did. Thanks again.
Taz

Taz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2024 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd let you know that it ripped ok for the 30 mins. doing that way. Would still like to find out why it won't work otherwise tho'.
Taz

coastie
Ultimate Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2024 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like it is a problem with streamtuner Confused weird Rolling Eyes not sure what to tell you from here.

Live disk: Slax
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
crudball
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2024 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you using a newer verison (like a beta maybe) or could one of its probable hundreds of dependencies (rpms are like that) dodgy or missing?

(torrent from tlmp)(Hosting thanks to VHockey86.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Taz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2024 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For coastie---> At least you got me going enought to rip a few on occasion. Big Thanks for that.

For crudball---> As far as I know it is not a beta version as it is the one that rpmdrake installs. I suppose I could try reinstalling Streamtuner in case that is the one with the problem as coastie suggested. Thanks for the help.
Taz

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USA Linux Users Group Forum Index » Audio and Video Applications All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: