USA Linux Users Group Forum Index

Senior SUSE Linux Architect/ Analyst Opportunity- Illinois

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USA Linux Users Group Forum Index » Job Classifieds - Job Opportunities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jana

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2024 3:07 pm    Post subject: Senior SUSE Linux Architect/ Analyst Opportunity- Illinois Reply with quote

Hi,

My name is Jana Schoberg and I am a Resource Manager with WiseChoice IT. (www.wisechoiceit.com) My direct client, located in Illinois, is struggling to find a qualified candidate for the below role. This is a long term opportunity, and I have included the position description for review below. If you are interested in more information, please contact me as soon as possible. Please email me your resume and contact details at jana@wisechoiceit.com and I will get back to your right away.

System p Virtualization technologies experience and SUSE experience is critical for this role.

Below is the position description:

Position: Sr. SUSE Linux Architect/ Analyst
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 14+ Months (typically this is extended for 3+ Years)
Rate: Open/ Negotiable
Job ID: 10-5-OSTA

Background:
Provide technical expertise, consultation and guidance for the development, deployment, support, as well as performance tuning for Linux (SLES 9/10sp1) for the power and x86 processor chipsets.

PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to:
· The candidate will be expected to have experience with network based enterprise deployments of SUSE Linux enterprise server.
· Must possess a deep technical knowledge of SUSE Linux Enterprise server and have hands-on experience in deploying and troubleshooting systems in a large scale enterprise environment
· Must possess a deep technical knowledge and have hands-on experience with driver integration for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for both Intel and Power based platforms
· Must possess an expert level of knowledge for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server provisioning tools
· Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills with the ability to interact effectively in a working team environment

MANDATORY SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
· Experience with provisioning enterprise Linux server builds using YaST or other automatic network based server build solution required
· Experience with Bash shell scripting required
· Experience with Setup and creation of a network deployment depot
· Experience with implementing, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
· Experience with System p Virtualization technologies (Power 5 + virtual I/O)

****************For Immediate Information/ Feedback***********
Please email me with your resume and contact details. I will get back to you right away so I can provide you with more details regarding this opportunity. Please email me at jana@wisechoiceit.com.

Thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USA Linux Users Group Forum Index » Job Classifieds - Job Opportunities All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: