USA Linux Users Group Forum Index

[Info] YaST Software Manager

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USA Linux Users Group Forum Index » System Administration and Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jada
Linux Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2024 1:09 am    Post subject: [Info] YaST Software Manager Reply with quote

I will write a little about the openSUSE and the YaST Software Manager. A Tool what is really underestimated. I love it, because it let you very easy customize your openSUSE distribution.

If you know a little about the openSUSE community, you will always up to date with your openSUSE distribution. A rolling release is not really necessary because you always roll on with your applications. This is the great think about YaST.

See the screenshot
http://usalug.org/phpBB2/album_cat.html?cat_id=2

The Install sources are the latest openSUSE 11 DVD and sources.
Then I have add some few extra repositories. Mono, Gnome, Python, QT, KDE4, KDE3, extra applications, games, science, education, how build me a nice and almost complete Desktop.

Together with the Webpin search engine http://packages.opensuse-community.org/ you can make your openSUSE complete with all your software you need.

You like to play SecondLife. No problem, somewhere in the community you will find the repositories. http://packages.opensuse-community.org/index.jsp?searchTerm=secondlife&distro=openSUSE_110

It is just so easy, only add the repositories to your YaST Software Manager and you stay always up to date, with the software you need Wink

It was amazing for me, how powerful YaST works. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
melloe
Ultimate Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2024 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like most everything about SuSE
Reserve judgment about their agreement with the dark side.

I agree..YAST rocks

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USA Linux Users Group Forum Index » System Administration and Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: