USA Linux Users Group Forum Index

SeaMonkey 1.1.17 Released

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USA Linux Users Group Forum Index » Web Browsers & Email Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Germ
Keeper of the BIG STICK

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2024 10:59 am    Post subject: SeaMonkey 1.1.17 Released Reply with quote

Quote:
June 22, 2024
SeaMonkey 1.1.17 Released

Today, the SeaMonkey project released a new version of its all-in-one internet suite. SeaMonkey 1.1.17 closes several security vulnerabilities and fixes a few smaller problems found in previous versions. With that, SeaMonkey stays at the same level of security as its siblings Thunderbird 2 and Firefox 3, which are or have been issuing updates for the same problems shortly as well.

The SeaMonkey team urges users of older SeaMonkey versions, including the SeaMonkey 1.0.x series, which no longer receives security updates, to upgrade. Additionally, the team continues to strongly urge people still using the old Mozilla Suite or Netscape 4, 6 or 7 to upgrade to the new SeaMonkey 1.1.17 version. All these older software packages suffer from a large and steadily increasing number of security vulnerabilities because they are no longer being maintained. SeaMonkey 1.1.17 is a modern, drop-in replacement, providing the same familiar suite functionality with additional features and fully up to date security.

SeaMonkey 1.1.17 is available for free download from the open source project's website at www.seamonkey-project.org.

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/news#2009-06-22

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/seamonkey/releases/1.1.17/

masinick
Linux Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2024 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to install this on systems where I have the released version of Seamonkey. Mostly I am running from the Seamonkey and Firefox nightly build trunks, so I update them each time I visit a particular system, or daily, whichever comes first.

BTW, the performance of both Firefox and Seamonkey have been steadily improving with those nightly builds. If you don't think that the Safari and Google Chrome projects aren't important, think again. Their Javascript performance has put pressure on the Mozilla teams to significantly improve Javascript performance, and performance in general, and I've seen the results. Seamonkey is keeping pace.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USA Linux Users Group Forum Index » Web Browsers & Email Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: