USA Linux Users Group Forum Index

Free Virus software Advising

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USA Linux Users Group Forum Index » Application News and Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
squirt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2024 3:46 am    Post subject: Free Virus software Advising Reply with quote

I am looking Virus --> Spy Ware software---> to Installed in to my PC or any other task like e.g.

* scan USB
* Down load files (.Rar, Zip, Other)
*Screen savers, photo picture, Software

Can I installed this two software using by( the best way)
* Synaptic package manager
* Terminal command

any software advising will be appreciate here, I star using Ubuntu few month ago and I am very happy w. the S.O.

Xeroid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2024 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should only need antivirus software to keep from passing along malware to a windows box (like thru an email attachment someone sent you that you forward to another windows user). You don't have much to worry about viruses with Linux.

I was about to ask you which distro you were running but I finally noticed it's Ubuntu. BTW, the distro field is for your Linux distribution info only. You need to remove all the hardware info. It makes it easier for folks to help you if they can quickly identify which distro you're needing help with. Wink

Anyway, open Synaptic and do a search for Clamav. Install it plus install any dependencies synaptic recommends. Clam Antivirus should fill your needs perfectly. Smile

squirt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2024 3:23 am    Post subject: I got do one more think Reply with quote

For what ever reason my external hard driver stop working on my PC, since i take it to one of my friend to scan my external hard driver.
and i plug it back in, when the PC was off, i turn it ON, and docent read the external hard drive any more.

This sound very funny to me.. so how can I mount the hard driver the simple way is possible?

By the way....I have to installed this two w/ClamAV
clamav-daemon
clamav-freshclam

Thank U

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USA Linux Users Group Forum Index » Application News and Releases All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: