USA Linux Users Group Forum Index

CD compilations and open-source software for Windows

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USA Linux Users Group Forum Index » All other software.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cope57

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2024 2:40 am    Post subject: CD compilations and open-source software for Windows Reply with quote

CD compilations and open-source software for Windows

* GNUWin II is not maintained anymore! All information on this pages might be outdated and/or inacurate. We recommend you to get the latest version of the presented software on their respective home pages.

* Open Source Software CD — ~700 MB, most complete, updated monthly, available via BitTorrent/HTTP/FTP

* TheOpenCD — ~300 MB, most polished, available via BitTorrent/HTTP/FTP

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* WinLibre — ~151 MB, (English/French) Not really a CD, but a complete autonomous setup of quality open source software in a complete and coherent product.

* The OSSwin project: Open Source for Windows! Project to build a directory of open source software which is able to replace much of the proprietary software most Windows-users use nowadays.

*Why Open Source Software / Free Software In-depth review and analysis of the many quantitative reasons to use open source software, with statistics from a variety of recent surveys.

I know some CD's were mentioned in earlier posts, but I did not want to exclude them when I posted a few more links of other CD's and open source locations.

If you are not going to switch to Linux, at least try open source software... Can open source software free your mind?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mmmna
. . . . . . .

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2024 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: CD compilations and open-source software for Windows Reply with quote

Cope57 wrote:
* GNUWin II is not maintained anymore! All information on this pages might be outdated and/or inacurate. We recommend you to get the latest version of the presented software on their respective home pages.
Was just discovering this very fact a few moments ago.... I'm glad to see YOU were on top of this last July 29th.... Thanks!

Cope57

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2024 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe, np Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USA Linux Users Group Forum Index » All other software. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: