USA Linux Users Group Forum Index

Linux System Administration: The Next Step for Power Users

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USA Linux Users Group Forum Index » Linux Education and Certification
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mushroom
Ultimate Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2024 5:32 pm    Post subject: Linux System Administration: The Next Step for Power Users Reply with quote

Quote:
Posted by tadelste on Dec 28, 2024 3:25 PM
LXer.com; By Tom Adelstein, Editor-in-Chief

Personal growth occurs in many ways. Pushing yourself into a new endeavor is one of the most constructive ways to achieve such growth. So, why don't we see more of it? It's often easier to stay with what's comfortable. When you step out on the skinny branches, you put yourself at-risk and that's uncomfortable. Those who can handle the discomfort will find the experience rewarding.

Diggable

In a song called "It's alright ma, I'm only bleeding", a young bob Dylan says "He not busy being born is busy dying". That became a mantra in years past for being into personal growth. We see less of those movements today. In fact, critics of the human potential movement have positioned it as weird.

So if you have an interest in personal growth and don't want to wear the brand of a weirdo, you can start learning Linux system administration. I don't mean learn about it, I mean do it.
How So?

Put together a small server, get a dedicated Internet pipe into your home with static IP addresses, register a domain name and build yourself a server on the Internet. Push yourself out there and start learning what Linux can do away from the desktop.

With some people, that's the equivalent of jumping out of an air plane or learning to do ropes on a ten thousand foot mountain. Just remember that fear is often just a set of body sensations designed to keep you stuck. You can be afraid and also accomplish many things at the same time.
Where Does One Start?

The rest: http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/50721/

allen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2024 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seem no bad.

JP
Linux Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2024 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good article Mushroom. very interesting! Makes me wish I had gone to a Unix-centered computer school instead of a M$-centered school. What a waste of $21,000. Mad Mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USA Linux Users Group Forum Index » Linux Education and Certification All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: