USA Linux Users Group Forum Index

Rock'em Sock'em Software Engineer / Web Developer / Programm

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USA Linux Users Group Forum Index » Job Classifieds - Job Opportunities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nselby

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2024 3:54 pm    Post subject: Rock'em Sock'em Software Engineer / Web Developer / Programm Reply with quote

Reply to: job-451556330@craigslist.org
Date: 2024-10-17, 10:56AM EDT

Tech industry analysis company looking for a software engineer with a minimum of 3-4 years experience designing and implementing web-based, database-driven applications. Database design experience a must. The job requires knowledge of PHP, and the object-oriented design thereof.

We need an aggressive self-starter who does not need hand-holding, has the skills necessary to manage project requirements on his or her own when needed, and has superb written and verbal communication skills.

Responsibilities
* Design, implement, and maintain database-driven web applications
* Help design and implement new code as well as maintain legacy code
* Be able to juggle multiple projects/responsibilities at the same time
* Communicate clearly and regularly with all project constituents

Skills/Requirements
* 2 or more years recent database design experience.
* Experience writing complex SQL for reports and working with reporting tools.
* Knowledge and experience with advanced database concepts (stored procedures, etc.)
* At least 3-4 years experience coding in PHP or similar language
* Experience and proficiency with CSS/DHTML as relates to AJAX/Web2.0 interfaces
* Ability to work with multiple staff at different levels in order to clarify, build consensus, and write specifications for new projects and features.
* Ability to cope with rapidly and unpredictably shifting requirements and priorities.
* Knowledge of and experience with Unix/Linux environment a must
* Never got a note on your report card that said "Does not work well with others"

We seek highly motivated, entrepreneurial talent, who can work both independently as well as part of a team. The ideal candidate does not simply follow directions but thinks and creates and designs.

The position would be in our New York office. We offer a competitive salary and a strong benefits package.

To apply for the position, please do the following:

1) Reply back to me with your resume. I don't care if it's in Word format, PDF, plain text -- just get something readable to me.
2) The subject of your email should be "NOTHING FROM NOTHING LEAVES NOTHING"
3) In your email, tell me a little bit about yourself -- all the non-techie stuff I should know about you.
4) Answer the following questions:

Q1)Who wrote "nothing from nothing leaves nothing" and what, if anything, has this person done of significance?
Q2)Give me 4 words which in no way describe you.
Q3)If you could have one person, dead or alive, perform at your wedding, who would it be?
Q4)What's your favorite restaurant in NYC?

Grazie.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USA Linux Users Group Forum Index » Job Classifieds - Job Opportunities All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: