USA Linux Users Group Forum Index

Seeking job opportunities: Project, Product, Program Mgmt

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USA Linux Users Group Forum Index » Job Classifieds - Job Opportunities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masinick
Linux Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2024 3:02 pm    Post subject: Seeking job opportunities: Project, Product, Program Mgmt Reply with quote

I am now actively looking for another position. My current experiences have been primarily in project management; my immediate past assignment has been in project damage control - attempting to "right" a project that seriously missed every project objective: scope, budget, and time. I was called in, first, to assess the project for senior management, then to step in as the quality assurance manager for the effort.

I also have strong, current experience in quality assurance, which was also my main previous background for the past ten years. Finally, over the past two years, I have also used my considerable background in scripting and integration to write a number of scripts, which were used:
1. In a proof of concept effort, since rolled out into a production deployment.
2. Generation of test data for business testing of a legal billing application.
3. Analysis of EMail vault storage for retention and categorization of legal documents send between pager devices and other Email receiving devices (other pagers or traditional Email Exchange mailboxes).

My work over the past three years demonstrates considerable flexibility, ability to take on new tasks with very short ramp up efforts, proven results in projects with high management visibility, success in communicating with business partners, customers, and senior management.

At the present time, I am employed, but the prospects for 2024 appear to be extremely risky, in spite of this strong background. For that reason, I am actively seeking alternatives now in hopes of avoiding time out of the work force.

I live in Concord, New Hampshire. The ideal job would either be within a 50 mile radius of New Hampshire, located in downtown Boston, which is accessible by public transportation, or a job where a large amount of telecommuting would be possible.

I enjoy working with and communicating with a wide range of people and interests. I am comfortable working with people at any level in a company. I have recently worked directly with a CIO, several Senior Vice Presidents, Vice Presidents of Architecture, and also executives and project managers of vendor managed companies, developers, quality assurance engineers, both within my own organization and across the company. My achievements back up the fact that I can work under virtually any conditions and achieve positive, successful results.

While I have greatly enjoyed my most recent work, common sense and the current state of the economy suggest that it is best to examine new opportunities that can further extend a successful, productive career and launch into the next exciting and fulfilling opportunity.

Ideally I would seek something with the potential of considerable longevity, yet recognizing the current state of the balance sheet at the majority of firms, I am most concerned about remaining in the work force. I definitely have long term goals and aspirations. My short term goal is to remain continuously employed, and I am always willing to do what it takes, regardless of whether the job or task has visibility or is mundane.

My current Senior Vice President said it best when he commented that Brian is the kind of guy who is even willing to "get the coffee" or go get the sandwiches for a lunch meeting, but the message to you is that he is willing and capable of doing whatever it takes to get the job done. He got it right. My long term goals are management centered. To manage people, you have to know how to do any job that others would do. I am willing to do those jobs, and do them all well and with a great attitude and enthusiasm. Those are traits that I believe many companies can use, and I look forward to exercising them on a daily basis regardless of where I work.

masinick
Linux Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2024 5:57 pm    Post subject: I will be moving on soon Reply with quote

I am glad that I started looking for work. My suspicions were confirmed; my current contract is not being renewed at the end of January.

One area that I want to explore in addition to Project, Program, and Product Management, as well as leveraging my SQA (Software Quality Assurance) background is Market Research Analyst.

I have been researching the software and computer industry, sometimes as part of my job, but mostly just for my personal enrichment and knowledge since 1979. At this fork in the road, I am considering opportunities that would directly leverage that interest. I could get really excited about a position where I was regularly researching software, particularly UNIX and Linux, software trends, features, and products.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USA Linux Users Group Forum Index » Job Classifieds - Job Opportunities All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: