USA Linux Users Group Forum Index

Arstechnica features 5 'pretty' Gnome themes

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USA Linux Users Group Forum Index » Window Managers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

So which one do you like?
Sonar
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Elementary
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Shiki
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dust
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nimbus
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

jester

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2024 2:41 pm    Post subject: Arstechnica features 5 'pretty' Gnome themes Reply with quote

Arstechnica wrote:
GNOME has attracted a vibrant community of open source artists who are collaborating to produce aesthetically sophisticated visual styles for the desktop environment. Many custom GNOME themes are published in online galleries so that they can be downloaded and installed by regular end users. The most popular of these repositories is the GNOME-Look.org Web site, which has become the de facto standard home of downloadable GNOME theming content.

Although a wide variety of custom widget and window styles are available, it can be challenging to find the ones that are truly elegant amid the overwhelming volume of garish eyesores. In this article we will look at a selection of some of the best themes for the GNOME environment. Some of them are community-driven efforts and some of them come from well-known Linux distributions.

I like the Elementary and Dust themes most I think - Elementary looks as good as OSX in that shot.

Poll is flame-retardant Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tlmiller
Ultimate Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2024 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Nimbus. It's definitely to me the best looking, but still comes up short in really looking GOOD.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USA Linux Users Group Forum Index » Window Managers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: